Friday, April 12, 2013

BULLS LOSE THIRD GAME AND HASSLING WITH SECURITY


The biggest news is that the Bulls lost the Third game in their playoff round with the Alaska Aces, 4-1. The First Period looked great. But by the Second Period, San Francisco started to lag just a little, not following through on passes and one thing lead to another and Alaska scored. Once the Aces scored, it was all over.

Tommy Grant & Jordan Morrison

Jordan Morrison snagged the Bulls only goal. Tommy Grant left the game early with a slashed hand. I hope he’s OK and back on the ice tonight.

Dylan King & Kris Belan

People have shrugged me off, but when Alaska scores first, their record is 34-0-6. The Aces have NEVER lost a game in regulation team when they have scored first. This must always be remembered. Sure, a miracle can happen and I might get a Municorn (an imaginary MUNI bus that actually appears when you need it to appear) today as well. But, this is not something that should be counted on. The Bulls MUST score first to win!

Bulls Fans

The Bulls tried to keep up with the Aces, but it seemed to wear them down. Alaska never seemed to tire. They continued to attack, to press on. It isn’t that the Bulls gave up, they never did, they’re not that kind of a team, but they couldn’t keep up once the Aces domination could over.

If the team can find a way to continue the energy from the First Period, then they can win.

+++++

The Bulls organization do a really good job at making sure the fans are happy and taken care of. I would say that the one area that does need work is in security. Someone needs to communicate with all the security folks and tell them what they need to know. I cannot begin to say how many times I’ve argued with security at the door about bringing in empty plastic bottles. I will NOT throw my bottle away! It’s empty and allowed in! Why do I know the rules of the Cow Palace better than a security guard? No Bulls fan should EVER be told to throw their EMPTY water bottle away, yet it happens at every game.

Also last night, the security wasn’t told about the new rules regarding picture taking during warm ups. I was worried about this beforehand and with good reason as it turned out. I argued with the head security person and made her call one of the higher ups. Even when it was OK’d for the ADULTS to be there to take pictures, security carded EVERYONE coming into the area, as it’s now part of the larger bar, so kids are still NOT allowed in to take pictures and this was not what I was told. Hopefully, they’ll have that Kids Zone area for them so they’ll have a bigger area. Kids LOVE watching the Bulls players. Blocking them from getting to see them warm up is wrong. I don’t drink, so I don’t care about a bigger bar area, but I’m sure some people enjoy it. I just want fans to have access to seeing the Bulls players. Getting fans closer to the players helps them enjoy the game more.

I know things are being tested and worked out with that whole ice bar situation. But the miscommunication with the security has been an on-going issue for the entire season. If you have had problems in areas I haven’t mentioned, please let me know or add your voice in the comments section. Or if you’d rather it be private, send me an email at bastzine@att.net.

+++++

In other Kelly Cup Playoff matches:

Eastern Conference:

#4 Florida Everblades at #5 Elmira Jackals. Florida leads series 2-1

#3 Gwinnett Gladiators at #6 South Carolina Stingrays. Gwinnet leads series 3-0

#7 Toledo Walleye at #2 Cincinnati Cyclones. Cincinnati leads series 3-0

Western Conference:

#6 Colorado Eagles at #3 Idaho Steelheads. Idaho leads series 3-2

#5 Las Vegas Wranglers at #4 Stockton Thunder. Las Vegas leads series 3-2

Ontario Reign defeated the Utah Grizzlies and will move on to Round 2

+++++

Game 4 is tonight at the Barn. BE THERE!!!

GO BULLS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment