Sunday, February 10, 2013

BULLS TRIUMPH OVER CONDORS ON THROWBACK JERSEY NIGHT


The Bulls had complete control of tonight’s win over the Bakersfield Condors. Before a large crowd, San Francisco played the way we always want them to play, with strength, communication, great scoring and defense.

It was also the first night of their special Teal Throwback Jerseys. This was done to honor the Sharks’ first two years playing at the Cow Palace. The jerseys are being worn by the Bulls players only for the weekend and then they’ll go up for either auction or raffle. Most, except for four, I believe, will be up for auction.

Peter Sivak

I thought maybe I’d bid on Tuckerman’s jersey but then I saw the starting bids were the top bid I could afford, so it wasn’t for me, obviously. And the raffle tickets were $1.00 each, so I only bought a couple of those. The money goes to charity, I’ll have the specific organizations it goes to on my blog tomorrow, so I understand why the amounts are so high.

And to be honest, I like their normal team colors better. The teal was nice, something different, but orange, black and gold are in tribute to the SF Giants and SF 49ers. And the Bulls are a San Francisco team. In fact, I can see them doing something to honor the Giants and Niners in future seasons. Who knows?

Alex Tuckerman

After getting over my sticker shock of the silent auction, I ran into Rich & Nick who had an extra seat where they sit on the glass on the North End.

Taylor Nelson was on the net tonight and did an incredible job, making 34 saves. There were no scores in the First Period. It was a real battle, both sides pushing hard. But then in the Second, the Bulls broke it open with Rob Kwiet scoring the first goal for San Francisco. Marek Viedensky is back with the Bulls and let his presence be known by scoring the second goal in the Third Period. The Condors then got one puck past Nelson, but that was it for Bakersfield. Taylor shut it down tight. Jordan Morrison scored a third point for the Bulls and the team carried it to the end.

Face Off

Some other highlights were Kwiet’s continued defensive leadership and Alex Tuckerman’s impressive hit on a Bakersfield player in the Second Period. Tuck’s becoming a lot more aggressive in his play, being more eager to give it out, rather than take it. And this is a good thing, because he’s strong enough to make an impact. Cody Carlson also did well both on defense and assisting on goal, picking up a point.

Hans Benson, Me & Alex Tuckerman 

The two teams repeat tomorrow in an afternoon game. Puck drops at 2:15pm. Be there!

GO BULLS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment